Lake Wanaka is in scenic Central Otago, just one hour’s drive from Queenstown, three hour’s drive from Dunedin and five hour’s west of Christchurch. The West Coast is via the Haast Pass, three to four hour’s drive.
From Wanaka you can also visit Mt Aspiring National Park, Mt Cook and the Glaciers.
Wanaka has airport services and great bus services. Some buses will drop you directly at our door, otherwise you are only a couple of minutes walk from the main street.
Activities in Wanaka
- Hiking (Aspiring Guides, New Zealand Wild Walks,
- Wilkin River Jets, Siberia Experience)
- Skiing and Snowboarding (winter) (Cardrona, Treble Cone, Snowfarm, Snowpark, Heliskiing)
- Skydiving (Skydive Lake Wanaka)
- Fishing (Hatch Fishing, Fly Fishing Academy)
- Scenic flights (Wanaka Flightseeing)
- Puzzling World
- Have a shot
- Cinema Paradiso Movie Theatre
- Mountain Biking